The Public Safety – Law Enforcement Program sets high standards and expectations with emphasis on: Professionalism, Discipline, Respect, Ethics, Integrity and Team Work.
You are encouraged to be sponsored by a local Public Safety Department and must be able to meet the physical demands of the program. Recommendations from both your guidance counselor and technical coordinator are required.
Students will receive instruction in:
– Law Enforcement Careers
– Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
– Patrol Procedures and Tactics
– Traffic Enforcement
– Firearm Safety
– Criminal Investigations
– Effective Communications Skills
– Incident Command System (ICS)
– Interview and Interrogation
– Accident Investigation I
– Crime Prevention
– Community Policing
Students are given the opportunity to achieve:
- (3) High School Credits are awarded for each year in the Public Safety program.
- (3) College Credits through a “Concurrent Enrollment Agreement” with Central Maine Community College for CRJ-101 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) 10-Hour Safety Certificate
- ME DOT Driving Dynamics/Safe Driving Certificate
- American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider (CPR & First Aid) Certification
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (Incident Command System & Active Shooter Courses)
- National Rifle Association Firearm Safety Course
This course is held at Lincoln Facility in room 106.